Saturday, October 6, 2007

Food and Products












Food and products. Great. With subjects such as this one can get surprisingly creative. I love the current trend of shallow focus within food and product photography.
I love shallow focus, period.


Here is some of the work I did for My Week. Also some work I shot for NB Uitgewers of presidential chef Hilton Little. Odd how something as mundane as a bowl or jar can seem enticing if the photograph works. Food and products always have to look fresh and therefore it works to use lot of light. Working with Mike Robinson in Cape Town a number of years ago showed me that photographing food is an art form. Hopefully I can experiment some more with this in the near future. On top of all this I am a food addict, so my intentions aren't all good. Shoot the food. Eat the food, that's more like it.

No comments: